Parmesan Yogurt Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted vegetables
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, parsley, green onion, mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 30 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Feb 3, 2018
I changed a lot of things in this recipe and now this really tastes better. I added: 2-3 Teaspoon chives, finely minced; 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning (which is low sodium); 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard; 2 teaspoons onion powder ; 2 teaspoons garlic powder; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon pepper. I also changed the yogurt to plain Greek yogurt - much better choice. For the sour cream I used full fat as it's better for you than the reduced or low fat. I did not change the 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese however. The calories were raised to 50 for 2 Tablespoons but it is still lower than most ranch dressings and at least now it tastes good.
Jan 1, 2011
Next time I will cut the mustard in half- it was a little over powering. A nice alternative to fattening dips or low fat versions that just aren't tasty. But it doesn't taste like ranch at all like the description implied.
Sep 3, 2009
I must be missing something..why are you taking this to the airport??
Dec 23, 2008
Sounds good, but with the 3 oz. liquid limits you won't get this past security.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.