Beet and Sweet Potato Fries
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes5 servings (1/2 cup sauce)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon green peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 large fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, peppercorns and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Peel and cut sweet potato in half widthwise; cut each half into 1/2-in. strips. Place in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Peel and cut beets in half; cut into 1/2-in. strips. Transfer to the same bowl; add the remaining oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread onto another parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake vegetables, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until tender, turning once. Serve with peppercorn mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 226 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 4, 2017
This is such an easy and absolutely delicious recipe! I added a little rosemary when I roasted the veggies, which my husband and I enjoyed. The peppercorn sauce really compliments the beets and sweet potatoes, and I'll definitely be making these fries again!
May 25, 2015
I love roasted root vegetables so I did enjoy eating these. I did not get the recipe title being "Fries" as I did not get the texture I have come to associate with traditional fries, no crispy exterior. Rather soft and moist. I used freshly ground mixed peppercorns in the mayonnaise and thought it was good. So although I did enjoy eating these and like the colorful array I did feel slightly disappointed in the expectation of a Fry.