Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Fries
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (14 ounces), peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- MANGO CHUTNEY MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cayenne and pepper. Cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. strips. Add to egg mixture, a few at a time, and toss to coat. Add to the crumb mixture, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and salt. If desired, sprinkle parsley over fries. Serve with mango chutney mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 365 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 19, 2018
I didn't care for the bread coating on these. I'll stick with standard sweet potato fries.
Oct 11, 2017
Ohhh my husband and son loved these! Awesome sauce too!
Jan 12, 2017
These are delicious! I found that they baked faster than the recipe suggested. I turned them every 5 minutes and they came out perfectly. I'll make them again.
Aug 13, 2016
These came out perfect. I shortened the cooking time by about 5 min because they were done.
Sep 4, 2015
Very Good - a little different than restaurant style Sweet-Potato fries.
Dec 18, 2014
This is the sweet potato fries recipe I have been searching for!!! I had almost given up on a good homemade sweet potato fry, all the recipes I had made for them always turned out soggy :( These were delicious and perfect amount of crispy on the outside!!! YUMMMMMM
Feb 8, 2014
I use Panko crumbs and love this recipe for the potatoes - delish!!
Jan 9, 2012
Easy to make and the Parmesan cheese really adds to the flavor. I cook mine for about 5 minutes less than the recommended time and they're fantastic.
Oct 25, 2011
Next time I want to figure out a way to get the breading to stick a bit better. Great flavors!
May 5, 2011
Everyone likes them, a good way to introduce sweet potatoes into everyday menus.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.