Garlic-Chive Baked Fries
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 200 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 6, 2015
This is the best oven fries recipe ever. After cutting I soaked the potatoes in ice water about 15 minutes, drained and rinsed them under cold running water and then put them in a salad spinner to dry. I made 1/2 the recipe and baked 25 minutes. They were brown and crispy but not hard. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 12, 2014
Great flavor, simple to make. A definite keeper.
Jun 8, 2012
I made these for lunch before my husband went to work. Fries had great flavor and were easy to make with pantry staples. This recipe is excellent as written, but my husband and I like a larger cut fry, so next time I will try half-inch rounds or cubes. This is definitely a keeper!!
May 25, 2012
I added a dash of kosher salt.
Feb 7, 2012
my family liked these -would make againeasy prep
Jan 13, 2012
I baked them 10 minutes longer the recipe called for, but I have a problematic oven. The important thing is to make sure the slices are all about the same thickness for even cooking.
Nov 17, 2011
Yum!!! Great fries!
Oct 26, 2011
Easy and delicious, prepared while oven washeating up, and I was done when the oven signaled ready, and in they went.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.