Chive Smashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes and bouillon in a Dutch oven and cover with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, cream, butter, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 219 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2016
Delicious recipe! I made 1/3rd a recipe for the Cook's Corner ingredient/pantry challenge. I changed just one thing using olive oil instead of butter. I made my own spreadable cream cheese by microwaving regular and adding chives. Definitely a keeper!!!
Dec 27, 2015
Yummy! This was so nice. Loved the flavoured cream cheese in it. A definite winner for us. This is certainly one of the best potato recipes I have had. Thanks for a fantastic recipe! Didn't change a thing - perfect!
Apr 15, 2015
These are pretty tasty. The only change I made was halving the recipe.
Jan 6, 2013
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit. I was told by my kids to make these from now on!
Nov 22, 2012
These are excellent mashed potatoes. I did peel maybe half of them but otherwise followed the recipe as written. It was a nice change for our Thanksgiving dinner.