Oven French Fries
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add potatoes; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry on paper towels. Toss potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes on each side or until tender and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
May 18, 2015
So good. Only oven fries I've ever made that turned out crispy and not soggy!
Jul 23, 2013
These are simple to make. they don't come out super crispy but my family is OK with that. I soak them the night before when I know dinner time is going to be busy that night.
Feb 6, 2011
Did not cook or crisp up at 375 in time specified.
Feb 9, 2010
I have made these several times and really like it. It takes some time to prepare since the potatoes have to soak in the fridge for an hour, but it's great to be able to have "healthy" fries with our meals. Sometimes instead of salt I like to use other seasonings to give it a bit of a kick!
Nov 9, 2008
I've made this recipe twice now and they've been a hit with my guests. It was very easy to prepare. It goes great with French dip sandwiches! Thanks for the great recipe!P.S. I kept the skins on my potatoes- taste great this way, too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.