Oven Chicken Fingers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; set aside. In a small bowl, combine garlic and oil. Flatten the chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; cut into 1-in.-wide strips. Dip strips in oil; coat with crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add cranberries, orange juice and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes more, crushing the berries while stirring. For honey mustard sauce, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water in a saucepan. Add honey, mustard and remaining water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve with chicken for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 455 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 11, 2017
Very simple and quick to make. I just serve mine with ranch dressing. The chicken turned out quite moist.
Apr 29, 2017
Wanted a fast and easy Saturday night meal so I tried this and it was awesome. The honey mustard dressing was divine! This was a perfect comfort meal. Delicious.
Dec 5, 2014
I've been making these since the recipe first appeared in the magazine. Definitely a family favorite!
Nov 2, 2013
I made these tonight, and love them, but think next time they would be better with something like marinara sauce for dipping. All the spices of the Italian bread crumbs (I used Panko crumbs) didn't go well with the sweetness of the honey mustard dip. But the chicken was good, I'll make these again.
Oct 8, 2013
This was very tasty and simple to make.. The chicken in moist.. The only sauce I made was the honey mustard. It is excellent! Will definitely make it again.
Mar 12, 2011
These come out perfectly cooked and are delicious! This recipe will definitely go in my binder and be made again and again :) (I added a little chili powder to the bread crumbs. I did not try the sauces this time.)
Jan 25, 2009
I must apologize, I didn't try the chicken recipe itself, but I did try the honey mustard. It was awsome. It was light on the stomach, giving it a picnic feel. My only suggestion is to add something with heat to give it a little kick.