Fontina Rolled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and the remaining salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with paprika.
- Carefully pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread cheese mixture over chicken. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Drizzle tops with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes; discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 561 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.
May 5, 2018
I can't believe this recipe has only 4 reviews! This is an *excellent* chicken recipe. How many ways can we cook chicken, right? Well this recipe is a game changer. I don't know if it's the Fontina (which I made accompanied smashed, garlic potatoes with melted Fontina on top,) or the addition of sun-dried tomatoes (or bacon!!) or what. But this chicken recipe is on our rotation as a family favourite!! Thank you!!
Apr 30, 2018
This was delicious!!! One of my favorite chicken dishes for sure! My father-in-law doesn't care for chicken but he loved this chicken!! A definite winner.
Dec 11, 2015
Loved this! Easy to make & tastes great. I used half Panko & half Italian bread crumbs only because I don't care for the Panko. Either way, this recipe is definitely a keeper.
Oct 10, 2015
Made this last night and it was delicious !! Did the prep ahead of time and it was easy. I didn't have to use the tooth picks,.just rolled and put on the foil in pan. Excellent and will definitely make again. Thanks !!!
Aug 16, 2015
Absolutely delicious! I didn't have Panko breadcrumbs so I used regular. The combination of flavors was amazing. This is definitely a dish to be made for company.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.