Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. If desired, broil for 1 minute or until browned. Top with remaining picante sauce, onions and if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 269 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 16, 2020
Best Mexican dish I have made. Started by using Weber’s Kickin Chicken seasoning was the only change.
May 28, 2018
A good use for leftover chicken. Simple to assemble and reheated great for lunch the next day.
Sep 2, 2017
Excellent! Fast and easy too. My husband just said "five stars" and "super delicious" when I asked him how he would rate it. Definitely a repeat.
Jul 1, 2017
Absolutely amazing! I did add some Mexican Rice into these... These are perfect with the perfect heat and texture! My husband (not easy to please!) absolutely loves them and says they are Chuy's quality! Thank you so much for sharing!
Apr 21, 2017
I substituted ground beef for the chicken. These turned out great and even my pickiest eaters loved them.
Mar 27, 2017
These were really good and easy to make. I used leftover chicken from the Honey and Spiced Chicken Bake recipe.
Feb 26, 2017
These are awesome!! Easy to make and great flavor. Thanks for the recipe.
Nov 16, 2016
These were very good! My kids ate them in record time and asked if there would be any leftovers! This makes a great dinner when you're pressed for time. It came together so fast! I used rotisserie chicken breast that I picked up marked down half price at Kroger, so it made for a cheap meal, too. Adding the sauce over the top at the end was a nice way to keep them from being too crispy. I just added a little sour cream when I served it, and it was great! Some fat-free refried beans and some Spanish rice on the side would make this a great Mexican meal!
Sep 12, 2016
I make these all the time. They are delicious and so easy to make.
Jun 9, 2016
I was not expecting them to be so tasty. I did substitute 3/4 c. of medium taco sauce for 3/4 c. of the picante sauce as I did not have enough. Perhaps that was the secret ingredient to make them so tasty!