Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 Honey & Spice Baked Chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa con queso dip, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cook chimichangas until golden brown, turning to cook all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga (calculated without optional toppings): 640 calories, 43g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2012
I found the filling a bit dry, thought it needed salsa, sour cream, or something else in there.
Feb 25, 2012
WOW! Delicious: my family, including the kiddos loved these. I will make these again.