Grilled Beef Chimichangas
I created this recipe when I didn't have the ingredients for my go-to dish. After making this, it became my new favorite! —Jackie Burns, Kettle Falls, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in chiles, salsa and cumin.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place chimichangas on grill rack, seam side down. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning once. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 295 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 29, 2019
I now thing grilling is the only way to make chimichangas!
May 18, 2018
We had these last night, and they were DELICIOUS! And easy to make!! My husband and I both loved them. I used white tortillas since I didn't have wheat on-hand.