Grilled Beef Chimichangas
I created this recipe when I didn't have the ingredients for my go-to dish. After making this, it became my new favorite! —Jackie Burns, Kettle Falls, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in chilies, salsa and cumin.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Place chimichangas on grill rack, seam side down. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning once. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 295 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Chimichanga Bundles in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips