Grilled Caprese Quesadillas
Here's a quick and easy summer lunch that makes great use of garden-grown tomatoes. Feel free to swap in mozzarella or feta for the goat cheese, or make your quesadillas heartier by adding grilled chicken. —Amy Mongiovi, Lititz, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and patted dry
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Layer half of each tortilla with cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with basil, olives and pepper to taste. Fold tortillas to close.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.