Grilled Pineapple Chimichurri Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 slices fresh pineapple (1/2-inch)
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup parsley sprigs (stems removed)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup island teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Place pepper and pineapple on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side.
- For chimichurri, place cilantro, parsley and lime juice in a food processor; pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Continue processing while slowly adding oil. Chop grilled pepper and pineapple; stir into herb mixture.
- Mix teriyaki sauce and ginger. Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Brush with some of the teriyaki mixture during the last 4 minutes.
- Brush chicken with remaining teriyaki mixture before serving. If desired, serve with couscous. Top with chimichurri, green onions and macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with about 1/4 cup sauce: 428 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2019
We really enjoyed this! I used the broiler and it turned out great!!
Oct 8, 2017
Very fresh and summery tasting. Left off the macadamia nuts due to family preferences and served with rice rather than couscous.
Apr 30, 2017
This was delicious! We particularly loved the grilled pineapple mixed in with the chimichurri. It was great with couscous but you could also do rice if you prefer that.