Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a nonstick skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chilies; cook until heated through. To serve, cut chimichangas in half; top with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 415 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2017
Very quick and easy. Follow recipe exactly. it will come out perfect
Oct 13, 2016
This is one of our family's favorite recipes. Delish!
Aug 26, 2016
My family loves this recipe! I usually double the sauce because it's soooo good.
Jan 7, 2015
These are good but I didn't like the 'baked' tortilla. It may just have been the LaTortilla Factory low carb, tortillas that I used but it wasn't awful. The original recipe called for 1/4 cup flour and 1 cup half & half for the sauce which I modified by using 4 ounces skim milk and 4 ounces light sour cream. What I did worked but it needed more flour (I only used 2 tablespoons) as it was pretty thin, also needed some more spice. I served it with salsa and that 'rescued' the flavor
Apr 1, 2014
Love this recipe! I have even used milk if I don't have 1/2 and 1/2 and although it isn't as thick the gravy still tastes delicious!
Mar 8, 2014
This dish was amazing! And on top of that it's a cinch to make. A love the sauce, so simple yet lots of flavour. I didn't have half and half, but I used whipping cream, which may have made it extra creamy, which for me, is perfect!
Nov 7, 2013
Super Yummy. Will be making this again. :)
Oct 31, 2012
EXCELLENT DISH! EXCELLENT! Next time I will freeze some. I have made them twice and they are GOOD.
Sep 4, 2012
Great recipe. Made just like it was. Perfect taste and will use this in my recipe rotation. A Keeper!!!
Feb 2, 2012
The chimichangas were very tasty but the cream was bad! The cream has tooo much flour and very strong floury taste. I had to use another recipe to make a new cream.