Baked Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 340 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 26, 2017
This was probably the best and by far the easiest fajita recipe I've ever tried! Using all the fresh rather than frozen veggies was awesome, and I absolutely loved putting it in the oven so I could go do something else instead of stirring endlessly on the stovetop or having to pre-cook the meat. It's definitely a time-saver! My family doesn't care for their veggies "crisp-tender," so I didn't drain the tomatoes to keep it moist and added an extra 10 minutes to the cooking time to make the veggies just a bit more done to our liking. I served it with tomatoes, lettuce, fat-free sour cream, shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, and taco sauce for toppings, as well as Spanish rice and fat-free refried beans to add on top or to serve on the side. Delicious and filling!
Nov 29, 2016
Love how easy this recipe is. I tend not to add the salt and add 1/2t garlic powder and 1/2t oregano.
Apr 12, 2016
Easy and delicious.
Jan 19, 2016
Great taste! My picky daughter even enjoyed it! Easier than preparing on the stove top.
Jan 14, 2016
Very easy and delicious! Great flavor! If you wanted a little less spice you could use plain diced tomatoes.
Dec 7, 2015
A working or busy Mom's kind of dish. Easy peasy and most importantly tasty too!
Nov 12, 2015
We loved this, so easy & yummy! Will be making this one again! Thanks!
Oct 14, 2015
This was easy and delicious. I had to make something quick and had most of these ingredients on hand. I had to substitute salsa for the tomatoes, but thought it did the trick.
Sep 27, 2015
Loved it! The simplicity is the best part.
Aug 6, 2015
This is a weeknight staple for us & I love that it only requires one dish -- fast, easy, & so yummy!I love it so much, I shared about making my version, in a recent blog post:http://mydarlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/05/make-baked-chicken-fajitas.html?_sm_au_=iVVs0PcHkMckLSMr
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.