Chicken Veggie Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Place chicken and vegetables in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken and vegetables; drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve on tortillas, with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 231 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Aug 25, 2019
I see no were in this recipe that it says this is a keto recipe, so how you got that info is not in my view. maybe you can make it as Keto, by using the cheddar cheese, but don't list that it is under the wrong category. Taste of Home is a great recipe site.
Mar 26, 2019
This recipe is under wrong category like many others in this TOH misnomer. Tortillas are not Keto! Nor are sandwiches. Your recipe sounds delicious though. I can use cheddar cheese tortillas to keep it Keto. Yum!
Jul 2, 2015
Very simple and like not marinating if time does not allow. Would make again.