Mexican Chicken Fajita Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Unroll dough into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, peppers, chili powder and cumin in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in salsa and chicken.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over prepared crust; top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 16, 2014
Made this for myself using flat bread instead of pizza crust. I was awesome and gave me several servings. Easy and tastes great!!!
Oct 8, 2014
This was good. I did add a bit of seasoning to the chicken while cooking it. Easy to put together.
Feb 20, 2012
Very Tasty! And rather quick.
Mar 8, 2011
WOW! Great recipe. Made it for work and the ladies loved it. My husband got a slice of it cold and he loved it! Easy! Quick! A real keeper!!!
Feb 14, 2011
My daughter loved this and she hates veggies.
Jan 29, 2011
Great taste, easy to make! Was great for leftovers too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.