Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas
I developed this recipe one evening when I was hungry for fajitas but didn't want to light the charcoal grill! That makes the preparation a little different from traditional chicken fajitas...but our family likes these better.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breast halves cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 small mild onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Picante sauce
- Sour cream
- In heavy plastic bag, combine chicken strips and dressing; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; stir-fry chicken strips and onions for 2 minutes. Add pepper strips and mushrooms; cook and stir until chicken is done and peppers are tender-crisp. Season with garlic salt, lemon juice and salt and pepper as desired. Serve in warm tortillas. Top with picante sauce and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 14g fat (0 saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas in Country April/May 1990