Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds venison or elk flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and salsa
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil; stir-fry meat for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon over tortillas; top with cheese, sour cream and salsa; fold in sides.
Dec 3, 2017
Delicious, used deer steak that I harvested a week ago, even the kids loved it
Oct 23, 2013
Taste awesome!, even my husband that doesn't eat onions or pepper , loved it! Definately making again! I used antelope butterfly steaks with it.
Jun 22, 2010
very easy- tasted great! followed the recipe, except added a 1/2 tsp. cumin powder.
Jan 26, 2010
we used deer in place of the elk. tender!