Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add peppers, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, pepper and cayenne. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute longer. Serve in tortillas.
Nutrition Facts2 fajitas: 414 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 28, 2016
Really flavorful. I think the family thought they were chicken and not turkey. I only used about 2 peppers, which was plenty. I cut the onions thin as recommended but I think a bit of thicker onion would have been better. (The thin ones practically became non-existent.)