Pork Tenderloin Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin; set aside. In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until no longer pink. Add onion and green pepper; cook until crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with seasoning mixture; toss to coat. Spoon onto tortillas; serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 327 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 13, 2019
Can I tell you how much I LOVE this recipe??? Wow, so great and easy. I have pork tenderloin in the weekly meal rotation because it is so delicious, moist, and quick to prepare, yet I had never used it in fajitas before. I served this with the choice of flour tortillas, tortillas, or just as a "bowl" for a lower carb option. The seasonings are spot on and the pork is still moist. I also served sliced avacado , sour cream, and salsa on the side. Lynne, TOH Volunteer Food Editor
Dec 10, 2017
This is a delicious, fast recipe. The seasonings are just right. I personally don 't care for flour tortillas and wish I had thought to just have tortilla chips on the side.. I think I might add more veggies next time.
Oct 20, 2016
Easy! Great! Quick! This is a great use of pork tenderloin, wasn't dry. Very flavorful. Didn't have green pepper but lots of onions. Served Black bean and corn salad with it. Along with a bag of tortilla chips for a great family weeknight meal! As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home magazine I enjoyed recipes that I can prepare quickly and yet still give lots of flavor to the dish!