Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Mix first five ingredients and 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, saute chicken mixture until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in salsa and pepper mixture; heat through. Serve in tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 621 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2018
I always like how fast it is to throw together a fajita meal. The chicken was flavored nicely with seasonings. I used the smaller 6" tortillas which made them appear to be so full. Definitely a hit in our house!
Apr 8, 2018
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. You can change the flavor by changing the flavors of the salsa. We've done with this a sweet mango salsa and it was amazing.
Dec 27, 2017
Salsa added to the chicken was a nice deviation from our standard fajita recipe.