No-Fry Black Bean Chimichangas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed if necessary
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- Preheat broiler. In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix beans, rice and corn; microwave, covered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring halfway. Stir in cilantro, green onions and salt.
- To assemble, spoon 3/4 cup bean mixture across the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush tops with 2 teaspoons oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 45-60 seconds or until golden brown. Turn over; brush tops with remaining oil. Broil 45-60 seconds longer or until golden brown. If desired, serve with guacamole and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 337 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 10g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2016
I skipped the cilantro and green onions, since I didn't have any, and added garlic powder instead. Incredibly easy to put together and we really liked it. My toddler made a huge mess of it but he still ate it! Served it with fresh salsa. So good! I would definitely make this again.
Apr 1, 2016
This turned out great! I was worried about it being bland, but the cilantro and green onions gave it all the flavor it needed. The family liked it a lot!