No-Fry Black Bean Chimichangas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed if necessary
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- Preheat broiler. In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix beans, rice and corn; microwave, covered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring halfway. Stir in cilantro, green onions and salt.
- To assemble, spoon 3/4 cup bean mixture across the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Place on a greased baking sheet, seam side down.
- Brush tops with 2 teaspoons oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 45-60 seconds or until golden brown. Turn over; brush tops with remaining oil. Broil 45-60 seconds longer or until golden brown. If desired, serve with guacamole and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 chimichanga: 337 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 10g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 10, 2016
I skipped the cilantro and green onions, since I didn't have any, and added garlic powder instead. Incredibly easy to put together and we really liked it. My toddler made a huge mess of it but he still ate it! Served it with fresh salsa. So good! I would definitely make this again.
Apr 1, 2016
This turned out great! I was worried about it being bland, but the cilantro and green onions gave it all the flavor it needed. The family liked it a lot!