Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush each tortilla with oil; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place chicken, tomatoes and seasonings in a large skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Spoon over tortillas. Bake 15-18 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted. Top with cabbage.
1 chalupa: 206 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
- Sep 17, 2019
Family loveddddd this. Even my son who doesn't like tomatoes loved the chicken with the tomatoes. This could be one of our favorites! Cooked exactly as written. Did serve with some fresh cilantro for those who wanted but was great without it.
- Aug 31, 2017
Hello. Is this the Magdalena Flores that went to Myers Park High School
- Oct 30, 2016
So quick and easy! A nice alternative to flour tortillas. Like pizza, the ingredients are infinitely interchangeable - beef or ham for the chicken, spinach for the cabbage, sweet or hot peppers for the green chillies, etc.
- Feb 14, 2016
Easy and very tasty. This is a great weeknight dinner and was a big hit with my kids.
- Feb 1, 2016
These were yummy and easy to prepare. Garnished with guacamole and sour cream.