Chicken with Citrus Chimichurri Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- CHIMICHURRI SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk water, salt, honey and zests until salt is dissolved. Add chicken, making sure it's submerged. Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Pulse sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce for serving.
- Remove chicken; rinse and pat dry. Brush chicken with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce: 427 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Nov 3, 2016
Great flavors! One of the best grilled chicken recipes I've had. The brine keeps the breast meat nice and moist during grilling.
Sep 20, 2016
AWESOME AWESOME RECIPE!!!!!
Jul 4, 2016
Moist, flavorful chicken. The chimichurri sauce was fresh and would also be good on fish or steak. I had a little leftover chicken that I cut up and used in quesadillas and that turned out great!
Jun 14, 2016
I trimmed this down for just one, using one half chicken breast, but I made the whole batch of the chimichurri sauce.. I will find other uses for it. So good. Excellent flavor. Like others, I did this in the broiler of my oven with good success.
Jun 7, 2016
This dish was well received by my family and company. I did pound my chicken so it was even and would cook evenly. It was beautifully moist with great flavor after grilling. I did not have Kosher salt so I used sea salt with great results. I felt the chimichurri sauce needed a tad more salt so I added about 1/4 teaspoon more. The sauce gives a fresh flavor to the dish. Definitely a keeper.
May 31, 2016
Delicious and moist. I broiled my chicken. It was larger than 6 oz, so I had to broil longer. My husband loved it and it was good as leftovers. I didn't have Kosher salt, so I just used 3T of table salt instead.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.