Oven Fish ‘n’ Chips
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes (1 pound), peeled
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine oil and pepper. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Add to oil mixture; toss to coat. Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish. In a second dish, beat egg substitute and water. In a third dish, combine cornflakes, cheese and cayenne. Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg mixture and roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with chips and tartar sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 243 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 13, 2018
Fish was very crispy, potatoes were delicious also. A great alternative to fried fish and french fries. I think this coating would be good on boneless chicken also.
Jun 16, 2015
I love fish and chips. I am so glad to find a GOOD recipe for this dish that is not deep fried. I use cod for this, and the fish tends to need to bake a bit longer then the recipe states, the potatoes had to bake closer to an hour before done. Maybe I cut my strips thicker then the person who created this recipe. I dont mind, that is a small price to pay for something this good.
Apr 2, 2015
Very good oven fried fish. I like it just about as much as deep fried. Will make again for sure.
Apr 1, 2011
I pan-fried the fish for a few minutes in a bit of oil before baking for extra-crispy deliousness.