Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Apr 11, 2017
Very tender and great flavor!
Feb 21, 2016
Very good chicken recipe, but nothing particularly special about it. There are others recipes that require just as much effort and are better.
Jun 10, 2014
The chicken came out juicy but the breading was too salty for our taste.
Feb 22, 2013
Family enjoyed this. Quick and easy!
Sep 21, 2012
Easy to make and tastes great. I replaced the garlic salt (onion powder) and salt (Mrs. Dash original) with substitutes to bring the sodium down. I even had enough coatings to do three halves. What low-sodium sides would you recommend with it?
Apr 6, 2012
This was okay. Nothing special
Nov 15, 2011
When I first saw this recipe, I had hesitation that it would taste dry. I was wrong! To feed my family of 6, I multiplied the recipe by 3. Instead of using cooking spray, I poured 4 tablespoons of melted butter over top the chicken. I would recommend this...... it is easy and delicious.
Aug 3, 2011
This chicken was incredible! When I asked my husband what he thought of it I never expected him to say 'it was amazing.' He usually only likes chicken on the grill. I did tweak the recipe a bit. I added a bit more vinegar, I used seasoned bread crumbs (and a bit less parsley) I didn't have butter flavored cooking spray, so I just buttered the pan and then drizzled melted butter over top. The thing that I think made the big difference was I added about 1/4 cup of grated parm/romano cheese. And instead of regular salt and pepper I used McCormick's garlic pepper seasoning grinder. It turned out so lovely, was very flavorful and juicy!
Jul 26, 2011
Loved the flavor!
Mar 1, 2011
I too was surprised how tender the chicken was. Very good and great flavor. Thanks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.