Mom made these family favorites every year for the holidays. I still remember how much I enjoyed “helping” with the mixing bowl. Now my son helps me! —Anna Minegar, Wauchula, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter and sugar; add extracts. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 156 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Holiday Nuggets in Reminisce November/December 1991