Peanut Butter Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add the tomato sauce, water, peanut butter, sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Return chicken to the pan; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
Feb 2, 2015
My whole family liked this meal! The combination of ingredients is a little weird, but the chicken turned out to be delicious.
Sep 8, 2014
Oh my goodness I?m so jealous! It looked Amazing!!! Can't wait to make it :)
Mar 28, 2013
My kids love this! Definitely has an Asian twist which we love.
Feb 21, 2013
I loved it - easy to make?my boyfriend and one of my best friends loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.