Peanut Butter Eggs
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 jar (17.3 ounces) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- 6 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Beat in sugar. Stir in coconut if desired. Form rounded tablespoonfuls into egg shapes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening: stir until smooth. Dip eggs until coated; place on waxed paper to harden.
- For more decorative eggs, place about 1/4 cup melted chocolate in a small plastic bag. Cut a hole in the corner of the bag; pipe chocolate over tops of eggs. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 3, 2017
So easy to make and taste good! Even added Easter sprinkles on top of the egg. Will be freezing them also. I am originally from Lancaster,PA and now live in RI,and you just can't find homemade eggs up here. It's all about Reese's!!! Thanks
Apr 21, 2014
Very rich! Too sweet for all the adults in our house.
Apr 18, 2014
Just made these - so many!! But they are incredibly sweet, too sweet for my taste. I am used to more of a "fancy candy shop" peanut butter filling, which has a smoother, less sugary/pasty texture. I am sure most kids would like these, though.
Apr 13, 2012
This was the tradition cream cheese egg I was looking for. Everyone loved them. I used my crock pot on low to melt the chocolate and dip. It melted it without burning it. It took me just under three bags of wiltons.
Apr 23, 2011
made these with my 12 and 3 year old this morning. We had some after lunch and they are very good. My 12 year old said they are better than Reese's!
Apr 4, 2009
If you search on google.com you will fing many recipes for coconut fudge.
Aug 24, 2008
THESE ARE TRULY AWESOME MY FAMILY LOVED THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND A RECIPE THOUGHT FOR COCONUT FUDGE ANY ONE HAVE ONE>?