Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Chocolate Eggs
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and marshmallow cream until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; form into egg shapes. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; immediately decorate with sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 14, 2011
I found this recipe a couple of years ago on Taste of Home. I make them every easter. My son wants me to make them year round. My family and I love them! Thanks for sharing.
Apr 24, 2011
Don't eat too many! These are super rich. Instead of chocolate baking pieces, I used 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips. They turned out just fine.
Apr 19, 2011
This is a great recipe and a lot of fun for kids too!
Apr 12, 2011
We loved these. They were easy to make and delicious. I made them with my young grandchildren.
Apr 5, 2010
Made them for Easter, they were awesome. Only complaint is I wish there was a better explanation on how to dip eggs without making total mess and wasting a ton of chocolate. Mine were not pretty, but boy were they yummy!!!
Apr 4, 2010
My family loved these. I also used this recipe to fill my Easter egg moulds
Apr 8, 2009
Mom always said the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach. He love's peanut butter cups and i look to be in the kitchen. We both win. Can't wait to try them. Thank you.
Mar 29, 2009
will be making for easter yum
Mar 26, 2009
Yummy---I like this recipe better than my own...this will definitly replace mine--thanks...
Mar 22, 2009
Looks good may make some of these for my kids for easter.