Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Chocolate Eggs
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and marshmallow cream until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; form into egg shapes. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip eggs into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; immediately decorate with sprinkles if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 413 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 14, 2011
I found this recipe a couple of years ago on Taste of Home. I make them every easter. My son wants me to make them year round. My family and I love them! Thanks for sharing.
Apr 24, 2011
Don't eat too many! These are super rich. Instead of chocolate baking pieces, I used 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips. They turned out just fine.
Apr 19, 2011
This is a great recipe and a lot of fun for kids too!
Apr 12, 2011
We loved these. They were easy to make and delicious. I made them with my young grandchildren.
Apr 5, 2010
Made them for Easter, they were awesome. Only complaint is I wish there was a better explanation on how to dip eggs without making total mess and wasting a ton of chocolate. Mine were not pretty, but boy were they yummy!!!
Apr 4, 2010
My family loved these. I also used this recipe to fill my Easter egg moulds
Apr 8, 2009
Mom always said the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach. He love's peanut butter cups and i look to be in the kitchen. We both win. Can't wait to try them. Thank you.
Mar 29, 2009
will be making for easter yum
Mar 26, 2009
Yummy---I like this recipe better than my own...this will definitly replace mine--thanks...
Mar 22, 2009
Looks good may make some of these for my kids for easter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.