Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 90 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 21, 2018
Delicious, easy recipe, I prefer to add the chocolate chips into the batter instead of sprinkling on top. Yummy.
Sep 1, 2017
Its Sept. 1, 2017 and I made these this morning and they are wonderful. and I will make them again.
Jul 22, 2017
We love these bars. They're so easy to fix!!
Jul 22, 2017
These bars arecso good and easy to prepare!
Jul 21, 2017
I always make these exactly as the recipe states, but sometimes use chunky peanut and sometimes use creamy. Also, I sometimes use old fashioned oats. Always delicious and get rave reviews. This is my go to recipe when I want a quick, impressive cookie to share. Thank you for this recipe that makes me look like an awesome baker!
Jun 17, 2017
Will probably comment again after they're out of the oven! Just wanted to comment that I doubled the recipe and am baking them in a jelly roll pan. I'm not going to ice them, and I mixed the chocolate chips in with my flour mixture and added them all together. My grandmother always did that, saying that the flour coated the chips, helping them to distribute evenly throughout the dough! More after their baked! They smell heavenly!
Jul 19, 2016
Yum! Icing not needed.
Apr 22, 2016
These bar cookies were really good. I had a half package of cinnamon chips in the freezer so I added them mixed in with the chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top. Yum! I also added about a half cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Everyone loved them.
Mar 9, 2016
I've made these twice and plan on making them again. These are really delicious and super easy. I took an extended lunch break so I could bring to work for a an afternoon snack and they were a huge hit! I mixed dark chocolate chips in with the batter and no glaze. Used super chunky peanut butter too. Super good flavor.
Mar 4, 2016
Nice flavor, but very dry.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.