Mock Chicken Legs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 3/4 pound ground veal
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ground meat over mixture and mix well. Shape a 1/4 cupful of meat mixture around each Popsicle stick to resemble a 3-in. log.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl. Coat each leg in crumbs, then dip in egg mixture and recoat in crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. oil to 375°. Fry legs, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2017
Maybe better with ground beef.Was fussy to make, and bland.
Jul 26, 2015
Thank you so much for posting this. When I was a kid back in the sixties and seventies my mother made this all time and I've been looking for a good recipe.
Jun 3, 2014
Had these when a kid & loved them!! Thx for sharing
Dec 4, 2013
My mom made this for us in the late 40's and 50's. We loved them. Something made me think of them today and now I have the recipe!!!
Feb 28, 2013
My Mom used to make this too and I could never find the recipe. Thank you very much for posting it!
Jan 27, 2012
Super easy and very tasty! Even my kids loved them. I did also use about half bread crumbs in place of the cornflake crumbs and seasoned it to our liking.