Chipotle Turkey Chilaquiles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 15 corn tortillas (6 inches), torn into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups crumbled queso fresco or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In batches, arrange tortilla pieces in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- In a large bowl, toss turkey with onion and garlic. Place lime juice and peppers in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Arrange half of the tortilla pieces in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with turkey mixture, beans, 1-1/2 cups cheese and chipotle mixture. Top with the remaining tortilla pieces and cheese. Pour broth over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. If desired, serve with rice and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice and sour cream): 364 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Jul 1, 2019
We enjoyed this zingy recipe. I did not cook the tortillas first and only used one cup of broth. We didn't put it on top of rice -- it was fine as a main dish without rice. I'll make this again!
May 1, 2017
Followed the recipe exactly. Turned out very garlicy and soupy. I think next time we try this we'll cut it down to a clove or two of garlic and 1 c broth.