Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 12 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1-2 tablespoons drippings from pan.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; remove from heat.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture onto center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, bacon and green onions. Roll into burritos.
- Freeze option: Cool eggs before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until heated through, turning once. Let stand 15 seconds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 376 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 251mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 31, 2018
Great recipe! But all recipes are only guide lines, the possibilities are endless to make it your own! I’ve made this several times & each time I did something different. But the best my family enjoyed was simple. Fry or saut?e to your preference, fresh mushrooms, onion, sweet peppers in the bacon drippings along with a little s&p, added the eggs to scramble with that mixture. I freeze them wrapped in parchment paper instead of paper towel as we found them soggy after reheating even when all was cooled before putting them together.
Apr 2, 2016
I make a version of this all the time. They are great just with bacon and hot Louisiana Hot sauce.I recommend using whole eggs because the yolk is where all the vitamins are. Egg whites are not longer considered a "health" food. White only have 3.6 g of protein and trace minerals. Yolks have omegas, B vitamins, A, C, D and calcium, iron, 2.7 g protein, potassium. selenium, and folate to name a few. Yolks are considered heart healthy.http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
Jul 11, 2015
I made this for my husbands breakfast group - but I did substitute chorize for bacon as they love things hot and spicy - huge hit
Jun 1, 2015
Jan 20, 2015
Nov 24, 2014
Recipe was good I made it better by adding cheese and potatoes
Feb 3, 2014
This is a nice, quick meal for on the go families. I added a little Tostitos Zesty Bean Dip to our burritos and they were a hit!
Oct 11, 2012
These where OK nothing to much I just did not think they were a bid deal.
Oct 10, 2012
Well, i wanted to wait for the burrito to freeze so that i could thaw it to be able to fully write a review.I made these with wheat tortillas and turkey bacon instead and they came out great. I would recommend making these with egg whites for a much healthier dish for those looking for one.After freezing, i cooked these in my microwave (which is 900w) exactly to instructions but didnt notice the user used a 1100w. Oops. Anyways, it was still frozen. I cut the burrito in half and cooked for 30 seconds longer, full power. Still a bit frozen so I lowered the power and tried just a few seconds longer. Came out great. I love this recipe because i never thought of making breakfast burritos for freezing and using later! Thanks for informing me :)For other 900w people, i would recommend maybe 70% power? Just experiment. You'll get it.
Sep 25, 2011
I made freezer food for members of my church for about 2years, when I lived in Calgary,& this is one of the food items most would have me make over & over again. When I asked them why they said that is was because they didn't have to make breakfast for their kids going on the bus, they just popped these in the oven on low to warm them up & they are ready to go. (plus their kids loved them.) I also did them for a big church function & had to make 24 doz. These went over like hot cakes!! I don't put in green onions, because some don't like them. But I do put salsa & sour cream on the side.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.