California Chicken Club Pizza
Inspired by the California Club pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, I decided to whip up my own version. It's loaded with tons of fresh veggies, so that means it has to be good for you, right? —Robert Pickart, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Sprinkle with cheese, chicken and bacon. Bake until crust is lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place romaine and arugula in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest and pepper. Pour over lettuces; toss to coat. Arrange over warm pizza. Top with tomato, avocado and basil. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 612 calories, 30g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as California Club Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.