California Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the vegetables, chicken, 1-1/4 cups cheese, pimientos, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 29, 2014
Very easy to make and my family loved it. I substituted cream of chicken for the cream of mushroom, and extra sharp cheddar for the swiss as that is what I had on hand, and it came out great. I served over rotini instead of rice, but think I will try the rice next time. Will definitely make again!
Jan 28, 2014
This tasted good and was very simple to make. I did not serve with rice- it wasn't really all that saucy and is not needed. I also thought I had cream of mushroom soup in the pantry and all I had was cream of celery so I used that as a replacement. It tasted just fine to me, despite the replacement soup.
Mar 18, 2012
My family loved this recipe. I will most assuredly make this again and again!
Aug 15, 2011
It's very easy & my husband really liked it. Asked me to make a double batch next time so he can take some to work. The swiss cheese gave it a really good ''different taste'' My dogs even liked the left overs. NO left overs for them
Apr 20, 2011
My family also loved this tonight. I didn't serve with rice as we do low card meals since my son is diabetic. This was great!! I also added green onions for more flavour.
Sep 21, 2010
I added some sauteed baby bellas and onions to it was great.
Mar 3, 2010
This casserole was very good. Very simple to make. This is a keeper. I boil chicken breast in water for 20 minutes. Dice the ckicken when cooled and vaccum seal and in the freezer they go for quick casseroles like this one.