Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Add noodles.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2014
My family loved this! Reminded my husband of a casserole his Mom use to make, so he really enjoyed it!
May 19, 2012
My grandmother has made this recipe for several years and we love it! It's always a hit with company too!
Jan 4, 2012
I made just a minor change by using shredded mozzerella rather than the cheddar. I also used fresh mushrooms and cooked them with the hamburger green pepper, onion mixture.My family thought it a hit and would like it again.
Jun 21, 2011
this recipe was okay i will make again but its not one the family gets excited about
Jun 16, 2011
My family and I didn't care for this casserole. We ate it, but I won't make it again.