Tacos in a Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook and stir until noodles are tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 480 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1279mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 6, 2019
My picky family loved this! I doubled the recipe to feed everyone. Next time I think I'm going to add some corn.
May 8, 2015
This was a quick and easy weeknight meal. I doubled the recipe for my family and used a whole can of tomatoes and a can of beef broth instead of the water for a bit more flavor. I also seasoned the ground beef with pepper and salt while browning.
Dec 19, 2014
Wow! 922 mg of Sodium.
Sep 29, 2014
I've been making this for several years & it's a favorite for my husband & I. It's so easy & tasty! To add a little kick, I use diced tomatoes with chilies & use some of the drained liquid instead of water. My husband likes it better spicy. I like it a bit more mild!
Jan 16, 2014
Great flavor combination
Aug 11, 2013
This is so quick & easy and taste great. Good one to make with kids and also easy for single guys who are not that into cooking.
Sep 6, 2010
very good! this tastes similar to a taco stuffed shells recipe with a lot less work! Very quick and easy.
Jun 4, 2009
This recipe is soooo easy to make. My husband and I love it and enjoy it at least a couple times a month.