Fajita in a Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 12 miniature sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat lime vinaigrette
- Optional ingredients: cotija cheese, lime wedges and tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, chili powder and salt. Rub onto both sides of steak.
- Place peppers and onion on a grilling grid; place on grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, 9-11 minutes; add tomatoes during the last 2 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Place steak and corn directly on grill rack; close lid. Grill steak until a thermometer reads 135° for medium-rare, 8-10 minutes on each side; grill corn until lightly charred, turning occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Divide greens and cilantro among 4 bowls. Cut corn from cobs and thinly slice steak across the grain; place in bowls. Top with vegetables; drizzle with vinaigrette. If desired, serve with cheese, lime and tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients): 351 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 7g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2019
Jul 19, 2018
LOVED this! I also couldn't find pre-made lime vinaigrette, so I made a honey-lime vinaigrette from scratch. This was a great low-carb dinner I'll be making again.
Jul 3, 2017
We made this recipe last summer and loved it! Very healthy, light and refreshing. I will be making again this year!
Jan 17, 2017
Fantastic! The combination of flavors together, including the vinaigrette was light, refreshing, and out of this world. I couldn't find pre-made lime vinaigrette so I just used a simple recipe I found online to make it from scratch.
Jun 1, 2016
This salad makes a beautiful presentation-nice enough for company. The rub for the meat is delicious. My husband is not a big fan of lime, so I made a dressing using a blend of ranch dressing and salsa. I will definitely make this again.