Simple Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2019
Wow, the sodium is off the chart high, make your own taco seasoning and low sodium vegetables and instead of water use no sodium chicken stock as extra flavor, good concept but really high in sodium.
Jan 12, 2019
need nacho chips for a topping
Jan 12, 2019
This soup looks really good but the sodium is over the top. I won't be making this.
Jan 12, 2019
Nice idea but seriously???? ALL packaged processed ingredients and SUPER HIGH SODIUM!!!! The ranch powder is toxic also BTW. I made this using ground turkey breast and substituted all fresh ingredients and was still not great. Better to just make chili. Or tacos even. Throwing it in a pot and calling it soup wasn’t tasty and SO unhealthy. Cmon people let’s feed our children better. Please stop the laziness!
Dec 7, 2018
The soup is supper easy. Our church does a fund raiser making soup and I have made this for the event and it was well received.
Nov 28, 2018
This soup is very good and easy to make. I didn't use chili beans, just a can of kidney beans. It was delicious.
Nov 6, 2018
I love this, it’s fast and easy.. but I do things a lil different, first off I use a slow cooker.. then i double the recipe so I can have left overs.. also I use the Rotel with lime and cilantro instead of the the tomatoes and chili’s... also instead if water I use chicken stock or beef broth whichever I have handy. try it, I promise you will not regret it!
Oct 27, 2018
This soup is WONDERFUL. I don't like stewed tomatoes so I just used a can of diced. I didn't add the extra chiles either. Some may like a little more zing but I didn't want it to be too spicy. Serve with a little cheese and corn chips.
Oct 16, 2018
This is easy to make and delicious. I pretty much follow the recipe, but am careful with the green chiles. If you use Rotel tomatoes with chilis, you have enough spice as far as I am concerned. Usually the soup becomes spicier as it sits.
Sep 30, 2018
Taco soup is my all time favorite soup