Simple Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2018
The soup is supper easy. Our church does a fund raiser making soup and I have made this for the event and it was well received.
Nov 28, 2018
This soup is very good and easy to make. I didn't use chili beans, just a can of kidney beans. It was delicious.
Nov 6, 2018
I love this, it’s fast and easy.. but I do things a lil different, first off I use a slow cooker.. then i double the recipe so I can have left overs.. also I use the Rotel with lime and cilantro instead of the the tomatoes and chili’s... also instead if water I use chicken stock or beef broth whichever I have handy. try it, I promise you will not regret it!
Oct 27, 2018
This soup is WONDERFUL. I don't like stewed tomatoes so I just used a can of diced. I didn't add the extra chiles either. Some may like a little more zing but I didn't want it to be too spicy. Serve with a little cheese and corn chips.
Oct 16, 2018
This is easy to make and delicious. I pretty much follow the recipe, but am careful with the green chiles. If you use Rotel tomatoes with chilis, you have enough spice as far as I am concerned. Usually the soup becomes spicier as it sits.
Sep 30, 2018
Taco soup is my all time favorite soup
Apr 13, 2018
I did not make this recipe as stated, as I have been making my taco soup different. After sauteeing the Hamburg, I add one large chopped onion with 2-3 cloves garlic, minced. One to 2 cans diced tomatoes with or without green chilies, stewed tomato are great also. Add to this one to 2 pkgs. Taco seasoning. Now add one to 2 cans of black beans, and same amount of canned corn, or frozen corn. Add salt and pepper to taste and enough water to make the soup just right. Simmer for approx. half hour. I used to make this for my sister's restaurant in Wyoming 20 years ago. Everybody loves it! Please be sure to drain corn and beans. No need to rinse. Some times I add some chili powder also.
Mar 9, 2018
Wonderful flavor, cook it all the time even in Summer!
Mar 2, 2018
This is a great recipe!
Feb 18, 2018
This is great!!! ??