Pronto Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral or small shell pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic until meat is not longer pink; drain. Add the broth, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper, chili powder and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 1, 2015
This soup is delicious and the aroma while it simmers will make your mouth water. I added some frozen SW vegetables to this soup. Before I served it I also added a dollop of sour cream to each bowl then the crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. I will definitely make this again.
May 24, 2014
I love this recipe..I add 21/2 cups of pasta for a goulash -like dish instead of soup..I have to make for family members per their request.
Dec 6, 2010
Supper Yummy! So easy to make. I often double for bigger groups. I like throwing black beans in--gives more color and nutrition. This is my son's favorite soup.
Aug 24, 2010
This is my husband and my favorite soup. It is delicious!! As a matter of fact, we are having that tonight. We break up the bite size tortilla chips and top it with them and cheese. The tortilla chips really add a special flavor to it. Love this soup!!!
Dec 21, 2009
My husband and son love this soup. It's great because you can make it as spicy as you like. To add some nutrition to my son's diet, I also throw in a can of beans. He doesn't even realize they're in there.
Nov 16, 2009
Very good soup. Add some Tabasco and sour cream to really top it off.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.