- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili, cheese and seasonings. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in 1 cup sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining sour cream.
1 cup: 333 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
- May 2, 2013
Fantastic! Decided to make the soup the very night I read the recipe as we had 9" of snow on ground and it sounded delicious. I used what I had on hand, 1 lb ground meat, black beans instead of pintos, cheddar soup with milk, 8oz. Jack cheese and Chili with beans. It was so- o good. Thank you for the recipe, I will be making it often.
- Oct 19, 2012
The first time I made this recipe, I was looking for something different to take to the church potluck. It was a GREAT hit and I gave the recipe to at least 5 other women. My family loves it as well & it's SUPER EASY to make!! TWO thumbs up!!!!
- Oct 3, 2012
I have made this several times. It is a wonderful and filling soup!
- Apr 16, 2012
Loved it!! So easy which makes it even better even the hubby loved it I will certainly be making this again and soon.
- Jul 28, 2010
This was an easy recipe and tasty too. My family really liked it. I added a little cumin for extra flavor. I may even add a packet of taco seasoning to the beef next time.