Taco Twist Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, beans, tomatoes, picante sauce, pasta, green pepper and seasonings. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until pasta is tender, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 176 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1044mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 25, 2020
Wow! This recipe has an AMAZING flavor. I added a little extra pasta and couldn't get over how filling this soup was. I definitely will make it again!
Dec 19, 2019
A family favorite. Usually I add some ground beef if I have some and my homemade salsa.
Mar 4, 2014
This was great! I didn't have green pepper so added a can of mushrooms--still was wonderful.
Feb 14, 2014
What a FANTASTIC soup! So much flavor! I changed a few things but am sure it would be fabulous as is. Used two cans of beans; one black and one tri - bean blend (pinto, black and red) used large onion and one whole large green pepper. Also added a half cup more pasta to the soup. It was better than chili and great for a meatless meal. SO filling!
Nov 11, 2013
Nov 7, 2013
Made this last night and my husband & I both really enjoyed it! Of course he would *really* enjoy it with some beef in it, but said it was great as-is! It's a keeper.
Nov 4, 2013
This is a family favorite. My daughters love tacos, but my one daughter thinks she wants to be a vegetarian so she loved that this was with black beans. I serve it with toritlla chips and canned tropical tropical fruit on the side.
Apr 8, 2013
Parfait pour les lundis sans viandes. Excellent!
Mar 16, 2013
For a meat-free soup, this was really filling. It was also very good. It was a nice change of pace from fish during Lent.
Jan 13, 2013
Crumble in some tortilla chips like crackers to make it more "taco-like".