Flavorful Taco Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water, taco seasoning and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon into bowls; top with avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 328 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1751mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 11, 2019
Very tasty easy soup. I had some leftover taco meat that worked out just right for this small batch soup. I also used pinto beans with onions.
Jan 14, 2018
I love taco soup, make it all the time for family and friends. I add a small onion to it, black beans, 1 can rotel can mild tomatoes, black beans, red kidney beans, and a jar of taco seasoning. Delicious. Top it off with cheese, avocado, sour cream. can't go wrong with any recipe. Thanks for sharing.
May 9, 2016
Made this soup tonight for dinner. I also made my own taco seasoning which has less salt than those packets. It was delicious! Just enough spice and topped with tortilla strips -- great crunch, no need for cilantro or cheese. Did put a spoonful of sour cream on top. I will make again. Leftovers can go pver rice or whatever you like. Enjoy!
May 13, 2015
Apr 26, 2009
Delicious recipe; I made it vegetarian! Eliminate the beef and add an extra can of beans (drained). I used black beans.
Apr 26, 2009
This soup is wonderful with Black Beans as well as Pinto Beans.
Apr 25, 2009
I add the corn, pinto beans and 2 cans of white hominy, I make it for my Doctor, and he loves the hominy.And I agree with one cook, it gets better the next day.The toppings in the recipe make this soup sooooo much better.Thanks for the recipe.jc
Oct 5, 2008
I double this recipe and use one whole packet of taco seasoning and one whole packet of ranch dressing mix. It's better the second day when the seasonings have blended well.