The Ultimate Fish Tacos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salsa verde, optional
- 2 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Hot pepper sauce (Tapatio preferred)
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish, whisk the first five ingredients. Add fillets; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. On an oiled grill rack, grill mahi mahi, covered, over medium-high heat (or broil 4 in. from heat) until it flakes easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove fish. Place tortillas on grill rack; heat 30-45 seconds. Keep warm.
- To assemble, divide fish among the tortillas; layer with red cabbage, cilantro and, if desired, salsa verde. Squeeze a little lime juice and hot pepper sauce over fish mixture; fold sides of tortilla over mixture. Serve with lime wedges and additional pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 284 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 28, 2017
Delicious fish tacos. Loved the cardamom spice. Enjoyed eating the leftovers for lunch.
May 14, 2017
These tacos were flavorful and easy to cook, while still mild enough that my preschooler and toddler adored them. We just left the salsa off of theirs! Cardamom adds a fun twist on the spicing.