Jicama Citrus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 tangerines, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound medium jicama, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 29, 2019
We loved this crunchy salad. Much depends on the quality of your oranges but it's hard to go wrong. Went with one shallot and that was plenty. Try it! You'll like it!
Mar 3, 2019
wasnt sure want the jicama was went to one of the mexican stores and bought it loved this light salad