Jicama Citrus Salad
Jicama is a crunchy Mexican turnip I use along with tangerines and shallots in this super easy salad. The sweet and sour flavors, the crunchy texture; it’s all yum. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 tangerines, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 pound medium jicama, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Jicama Citrus Salad in Taste of Home November 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.