Jicama Romaine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine first four ingredients. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients; toss gently with salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 67 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 5, 2011
This was a delicious Mexican twist on a lettuce salad. I paired it with chipotle turkey burgers, and it was the perfect complement between the hot juicy burgers and the cool crispy salad. I used full-fat mayo and sour cream for full flavored taste, and to help cool down the heat from the chipotle peppers. I also added sliced radishes, a squeeze of lime juice, and skipped the green chilies because I wanted the salad to be made up of all fresh ingredients. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.