Citrus Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (1 cup vinaigrette)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside. Divide romaine among four plates; top with steak, strawberries, onion, oranges, pecans and cheese. Serve with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 794 calories, 55g fat (12g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 8g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 7, 2015
This is awesome! I used Feta cheese and it went perfect with dressing, which by the way really makes this dish. I can't wait to have company and present this salad. It is beautiful as well as tasty.
Jun 4, 2013
Delicious salad! I made myself a very large salad for one using the ingredients but my own measurements. I substituted blue cheese for the goat cheese and I don't use a lot of dressing, but those were the only changes I made. I counted up the actual calories for what I consumed and got 416, which is probably a little high but is around the calorie count for similar salads. Maybe the calories are for the entire recipe and not per serving? Good salad; I will make it again.
May 30, 2013
I'm with the last reviewer here: "1 serving equals 794 calories, 55 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 37 g protein. 800 calories?That aside, if you have left over Tri-tip roast this is a very good 'all in' dinner salad.
May 30, 2013
I will be making this tonight for dinner but 794 calories ~ could this be a mistake?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.