Citrus Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (1 cup vinaigrette)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside. Divide romaine among four plates; top with steak, strawberries, onion, oranges, pecans and cheese. Serve with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 764 calories, 52g fat (11g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 7g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 7, 2015
This is awesome! I used Feta cheese and it went perfect with dressing, which by the way really makes this dish. I can't wait to have company and present this salad. It is beautiful as well as tasty.
Jun 4, 2013
Delicious salad! I made myself a very large salad for one using the ingredients but my own measurements. I substituted blue cheese for the goat cheese and I don't use a lot of dressing, but those were the only changes I made. I counted up the actual calories for what I consumed and got 416, which is probably a little high but is around the calorie count for similar salads. Maybe the calories are for the entire recipe and not per serving? Good salad; I will make it again.
May 30, 2013
I'm with the last reviewer here: "1 serving equals 794 calories, 55 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 37 g protein. 800 calories?That aside, if you have left over Tri-tip roast this is a very good 'all in' dinner salad.
May 30, 2013
I will be making this tonight for dinner but 794 calories ~ could this be a mistake?