Flat Iron Steak Salad
My steak salad with avocado and radishes is a big plate of summer deliciousness. I sometimes add dried cranberries and cherry tomatoes, but you can customize it to suit your tastes. —Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice and the remaining salt and pepper. Divide spinach among 4 plates. Add tomato, avocado and radishes.
- Cut steak into slices; place over salad. Drizzle with dressing; if desired, sprinkle with cheese.